Sports medicine is a medical subspecialty concerned with physical exercise and the prevention and treatment of injuries associated with sports.
Physicians are specialist medical doctors those who completed medical school, appropriate residency training with primary specialization in sports medicine or 'sports and exercise medicine.
Some of the sports medicine organizations include
• American College of Sports Medicine
• American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
• American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
• National Athletic Trainers' Association
• Canadian Athletic Therapists' Association
• American Medical Association
• International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Sports Medicine
• International Association for Dance Medicine and Science
• British Association of Sport and Exercise Medicine